Wednesday 17 June 2015

16th June - The Normality Setback


Hello out there! I know, I know, you haven’t heard from me in weeks now. Well here I am, normal service resumed and all that.
Last Tuesday’s early-ass, pre-bathroom, pre-schlepp-to-London-to-hear-about-brains weigh-in was a fairly impressive disappointment. 18st 2.
Today’s early-ass, pre-bathroom, pre-Starbucks-to-work-my-moobs-off was even worse – 18st 2.5.

Why has this happened? Oh, that’ll be staggeringly simple – buggerall in the way of proper exercise for about two weeks, and an approach to food that hasn’t seen me be exactly profligate, but which hasn’t seen me be especially sensible either. So that’s the equation we’re dealing with. Let e= 0. Let f= >wisdom. e+f= fatbastardy+4lbs.

However, this is all fairly incidental. Just a couple of days ago, I started walking again in the morning before work, and biking again in the evening. The biking needs to increase, and so, if I’m honest, does the walking. I also need to find time from somewhere to throw some sort of gym-based element in there. Do I like being back in the 18 zone? No of course not – what kind of Muppet do you take me for? Will I get back into the 17s pretty damned sharpish? Yes, I will. This increase is a setback, but a logical one induced by the presence of too much normality over a relatively short period of time. This sort of setback happens on a Disappearing journey, and I know that. The challenge is to not go “Oh, it’s all gone to cock!” and dive into a cream cake, but to square your shoulders, rub your hands and say “Right, ya bass, I’m havin’ ya!” and get the hell back on with it.

Oh and no, I’m not too much of an ethical person – I’m happy to lay some of the initial blame for the Normality Setback on a couple of mad buggering deadlines that had to be hit. They’re done now. There are still mad buggering deadlines, (there always seem to be mad buggering deadlines), but none as mad or buggering as the ones of the last couple of weeks, so, all together now – “Right, ya bass, I’m havin’ ya!” – and up at 6.30 tomorrow morning again for more walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment