Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Nazi Inconsistency



OK, so I’m not sure what to make of today’s weigh-in.

All week long in (yes, you knew this was happening) a series of increasingly demented unofficial weigh-ins, I’ve been either the same as last Tuesday (18st 3) at best, or several pounds over – which, given the amount of walking I’ve done recently, was a bit of an annoyance.

Last night (yes, yes, I know it’s insane to weigh at night), I weighed in at 18st 5.75.
When I woke up this morning, after my first pee of the day (nothing more), I weighed in at 18st 2 lbs. So, out of nowhere, I’ve managed to walk my way to a one pound loss. Yay – happy enough with that. Kind of weird to have evaporated and peed nearly four pounds of liquid overnight (swear I’m not yet The Incontinent Man!).

Then I peed again. And yeah, you know what I’m like, I thought ‘Ooh, maybe…’ and weighed again. 18st 2.25. How does that work? I lost more liquid and put on a quarter of a pound?

Did some work, felt the need again, peed more (it was quite a rock and roll morning, all in all). 18st 1.25.

Am I going to take the 18st 1.25 as the real result? Nnnno, I don’t think so. Overall, I’m going to take the one pound loss, and declare a real weigh-in of 18st 2.

Yes, that’s less than I’d hoped for this week, but as I say, given that it’s the first time this week I’ve actually seen any numbers lower than last week’s weigh-in, I’m happy enough to take it, run, and focus forward on the next milestone in two pounds’ time.

Tonight after work though, d went to shower – she weighed first, just out of curiosity (I’d accidentally left the Nazi Scales in situ when I eventually did a bunk down to Cardiff), and it did the same to her too – in her case, she was a pound lighter after her shower. ‘What?’ she said, ‘I washed a whole pound of crap off myself?’

Miiiiight just possibly be time to invest in some new Nazi batteries. Maybe. But anyway, for now, I’m declaring 18st 2. Next week, dammit – 18st 0, or even a sneaky peak into the 17s.

Didn’t walk today. That begins again tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment