Tuesday 26 May 2015

The Becalming Buoyancy



Yep – as predicted, absolutely static for this week’s weigh-in – 18st 1.

That said, I’ve barely walked worth a damn in the last seven days, and though I’ve been semi-regular in terms of walking, that’s been about the only element of my discipline that’s been even close to regular.
Clearly, a tightening of the regime is needed to push me on down into the 17s, as currently, I keep bobbing back up like a round, bald chunk of cork on an ocean of numbers.

Tomorrow sees the return of the incomparable joyfest that is an UberCommute, heading to London and back in a day, with a long meeting inbetween, and Thursday, I’m in training all day, just spitting distance away from my usual Starbucks – am sensing a cheeky decaff or two come lunchtime. But by the end of that day, two important deadlines will have been met and passed, one more will loom massively, but it will allow a greater clarity and a greater Disappearing discipline – less in the way of hiding at Starbucks for long days, more in the way or early morning walking, evening biking, perhaps even a little gym work to begin to capitalise on what d calls ‘the Disappearing Moobs.’

Seeing 18 again was a moment of great joy for me, having not seen it previously for long, mad, out of control months. 18 as a region has been unexpectedly exciting, given that it’s still significantly massive. But I’m done with the excitement now; I want a new thrill. Currently, just 1.25 pounds stand between me and that new thrill of the 17s. Time to refocus, double down and head to the future I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment