Friday 8 May 2015

The Mile Nine Club

OK, so something's going a little pear-shaped. And no, I don't mean the election. Calling that a little pear-shaped would be like calling a massive motorway pile up a tad inconvenient.
I mean within the world of my Disappearing, something's gone a little pear-shaped. Yesterday, I walked over nine miles over the course of the day, burning over 1200 calories, and biked for over 300. Today, so far, I've walked 8.4 miles, burned 1156 calories and biked none. That in itself is pear-shaped, as I should have biked by now. Damn. But I've also been unofficial weighing, and the numbers have been less than kind. The only things I can think of that need reporting are two nights ago I had a chicken and mushroom pie at a restaurant, and the pastry was good, so it was probably lard-based. Then last night, I had a plate of Indian food which was mostly meat, no creamy sauces or the like.

It's probably worth hugely over-sharing at this point that I haven't been a productive bathroom-user for a couple of days, except in terms of fluids. So it's always possible that my colon is knitting itself a lovely cosy meat-sweater as we speak, and I'm carrying half a cow and most of a chicken as extra bodyweight. But hey - this is the NEW Disappearing Man. I'm not freaking out. I'm keeping on doing what I know should work in theory, and hoping that by keeping faith with myself and the project, the results will ultimately come. And if they don't this week, they will next. Am particularly pleased to have done a couple of long-walk days, and to have another couple lined up for tomorrow and Sunday. Feels like the kind of thing I should be doing at least, so will push, and push on.


No comments:

Post a Comment