Tuesday 10 May 2011

Inching Along A Plateau

A...hem...
Well, what the best I can say? I guess the best I can say is that ten weeks in, I still haven't had a week where I put weight back on.
Weigh-in this morning - 19 stone 5.25.

The one thing that I'm glad about is that I didn't really go into a sarcasm-fest having lost just a pound last week. Cos that would make losing just - get this - a quarter of a pound this week funny as Hell. But yes, still going in the right direction, just falling further and further behind my original schedule. Still, given the week, the ridiculous injuries and the meals I've eaten, I'll take it.

Now, let's see who can play my game. So far, I've done walking, and been stopped by a blister, I've done biking, and given myself a friction burn. Who can guess what's happened now?

Yep, that's right - the bike's broken. Kaput. Knackered.

I've owned this exercise bike for less than a year, and I've been using it regularly for ten weeks. Annnnd it's died.

Last night, when I was cycling, it refused to go from level one to level four. I changed programmes, and it refused to go up from level one. Basically, the size of my arse and the...what, the vigour? of my leg-thrusts has killed a heavy-duty exercise bike, in the space of ten weeks.

Sooo no pressure for next week then!

Blood was 5.9 this morning. Clearly, in general terms, the blood sugar is appreciating this lifestyle. Now all I need to do is get the bike fixed, get back to a consistent exercise routine and push past this silly, fake of-my-own-making plateau. So - back to some serious walking tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment