Thursday 26 May 2011

Arrivederci Baska

Sorry folks - didn't get yesterday's entry posted in time - The end-of-conference dinner went on till 2AM, and we had to be out of the hotel by 5.20AM. Didn't sleep - had to pack, and was on Skype with d for a while, and then basically had to try and get out. The hotel packed us a breakfast, most of which was inedible, and the rest of which was fruit.

Here's a thing - I've become ridiculously spoiled when it comes to fruit. Fruit over here these days is so commonly seedless, that when presented with real, ordinary fruit this morning, I crunched on seeds and spat whole mouthfuls out in something like disgust for the uncouth Croatians and their seedy fruit. Ptui!

How far up your own arse is that?!

Anyway, we left Baska on the island of Krk, and screamed towards Zagreb Airport, where apparently, misery and shouting are part of the job description. Again, that was so entirely at variance with my experience of Croatians generally that it was rather a surprise. One delayed EasyJet flight, one Gatwick Express train, one District Line tube, one miserable East End bus in the pissing-down rain, and I was back behind my own front door again. Having been up for around 30 hours at that point, I crashed for the next three. Nothing of huge disappearing relevance today, though I did get a call from the exercise bike repair people - have to call them back tomorrow, and possibly they'll be here next Thursday. Might just possibly do another interim weigh-in tomorrow morning, as I have the day off...Right now, sleeeeeeeeep is calling again. Had a great three days in Baska, thanks to everyone there and the beauty of the place. But soooooo glad to be home, it's not even funny. Trust me, I tried to make it funny. But...erm...no.

No comments:

Post a Comment