Saturday 5 March 2016

The Mystery Setback

You'll remember a couple of days ago - just Wednesday, in fact - I mentioned having had a post-official weigh-in and being pleased to find myself back in the 18s - 18st 13.

Since then, I've done reasonably well, I think. And after doing some biking last night, I figured it was safe to take a peek. Imagine my surprise and horror then to find myself barely a smidgen under 19st 7! Even with the lightening of an overnight, I weighed in this morning as heavier than when I began!

The galling thing about things like this is their mysteriousness.
If I'd raided the Temptaion Drawer, I'd say fine. If I'd been eating enormo-meals of extravagant and kingly richness, fine. Yes, I had the Curry Divergence, but on an active day, I figured I could calorifically justify that. It's when results seem to come out of nowhere to blindside you, that the whole thing seems pointless.

But - the point is the doing of it, I guess. And it's Saturday. There are still three more mornings before the next official weigh-in. Time yet to stomp the mystery setback into the ground. Still and all - galling stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment