Monday 28 March 2016

The Birthday Reawakening

Well hello all over again.

Yes, I've been away from the blog. Yes, I'm back now. Yes, the being away denotes notsomuch a falling off the wagon as a slowing up, stepping off and lighting the fucker on fire. And yes, it's time to break out the fire extinguisher, see what can be salvaged, preserve some roasted horsemeat for the journey and start all over again. Faiiiiirly convinced that tomorrow I'll actually be heavier than I was when re-starting the Disappearing. But, on the other hand, there has been, today, a degree of consciousness-raising (S'kinda like barn-raising, except you have to keep pulling your shirt down to avoid exposing your gigunda-belly). And there has also been some proper walking - as in painful, not-stopping, 'Holy CRAP I'm out of practice at this shit!' walking - so I can at least face the morning with a modicum of 'Yes, but I'm back on board now' rationalisation.

Decided to get back onto the blog discipline too, notsomuch because of the cathartic effect of confession - 'Forgive me, readers, I have sinned. It's been two weeks since my last confession' - but more because I have a pal who reads the blog pretty compulsively (I have the weird sensation she may conceivably have read all of it, which I'm not even sure I have once it was written. So this one's for Ruth, as a kind of birthday reawakening, and a promise to do better both in terms of the Disappearing and the blogging.

Happy Birthday, pal o'mine - the Disappearing Man is back. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment