Tuesday 3 April 2012

Handfuls of Hope

Blood was borderline dodgy today - 6.9.
Weigh-in sees me back over the border - 14 stone, 12.25. Hardly surprising probably after yesterday, but still a nice surprise for the end of the week in which I ate battered fried fish and chips, and did very little exercise worth speaking of, except one double session on the Saturday and a nice longish walk on the Sunday.

So yay, here we are again, gotta capitalise on it this week, yadda yadda yadda - not like we haven't all heard this time and time again - whaddawe reckon for next Tuesday (no London trip on the Monday) - 15 stone and change again?

Positive news from both the folks today - Ma's eyeballs are better...ish. One of her pressures has gone back up to 30, but perversely (since with pressures of 32 it was all hands to the lasers!), the eyeball-wrangler seems to think that's just fine and dandy. She's got to see him again in six months. So that's one less thing to worry about in the meantime.

Had a good day with Dad. My brother came over from Ireland for today's appointment - clinical trial discussions. Very competent doc, knew his stuff and swore like a trooper (always a good sign in a medic, I've found). Congratulated Dad - after everything he'd been through, said the doc, and everything in his notes, he hadn't expected to see my Dad walk into the room, but rather to see him with no option but to be wheelchaired in...

...erm...did I mention my Dad was a stubborn bugger?

Anyhow, the doc gave Dad a couple of handfuls of options for future treatment plans, and we all agreed what looks like a good way forward, so yay - progress there. Both my folks now on a positive footing for at least a while. Time to kick back on with this whole Disappearing lark, seriously.

Ahem...probably undermines the sentiment at this point to mention we had pizza for dinner tonight, and have Indian planned for tomorrow, but on the upside, I don't appear to have to go to any hospitals tomorrow, so -
Hello Bikey, my old frieeeeeeend,
I've come to bitch at you agaiiiiiin...
With legs that sting and lungs that burn so baaad,
I turn the wheels round and you drive me maaaad...
And the sweat of my man-boobs is drippin' down my naval pool,
I'm such a fool...
To ride the Biiiike....to Nowhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment