Monday 8 July 2024

The Saundersfoot Camille


 

d's coming to that point of melodrama that every Disappearing person goes through - and indeed, occasionally lives in.

While walking through the store in which she works earlier, she passed by the chocolate aisle, and she swears this complete thought went through her head:

*Sighs wanly.* "Ah! Never again shall my lips know the soft, intoxicating caress of Bournville..."

Bournville, for the depressingly uninitiated (which tends to mean my American groovers) is a bar of dark chocolate, rather than some mesmerising Mr Darcy figure, ready to sweep her up in her crinolines and kiss her in a way that makes her remember she's a woman.

Chocolate.

Damn good chocolate, to be sure. But chocolate. 

I'm away from home three days this week. The struggle, it seems, will be real.

1 comment:

  1. Aghhhh, my hugs to D!! Doesn’t have to be never again, though. The phrase “at some point, but not now” may help. In the early days of my sobriety, I let myself feel that I was taking time off from drinking.

    At the moment, I am “taking time off” from my far-too-customary evening sugary snack. Seems to be helping a bit. And like d, there’s no one to hold me accountable at the moment because Ray is an early bird and I am a late owl.

    Am thinking of you both during your first days of your new job!!

    ReplyDelete